Cal Humanities will soon begin accepting applications for our August 3 deadline for Community Stories, our ongoing competitive storytelling grants program. The official application period is July 1 through August 3, 2015; in the meantime, the Community Stories grant guidelines are available beginning May 1 for potential applicants to peruse!
In addition, our staff will host grant workshops in anticipation of the August deadline, including an informational webinar for grant applicants on Wednesday, May 20 from 10:30 am to noon. Click here to register for this webinar, and be sure to check our website periodically for information regarding future grant workshops!
Cal Humanities’ Community Stories grants program provides funding to support a wide range of community-initiated public humanities projects, including:
• story-based performances
• community forums
• video and radio documentaries
• interpretive exhibits
Since 2003, we have made over 450 awards for projects that collectively illustrate the diversity and breadth of the California experience.
• California-based nonprofit and/or fiscally sponsored organizations
• local/state public agencies or institutions
WHAT WE FUND
• focus on collecting and sharing real stories of California’s communities
• involve at least one humanities expert as an advisor
• use the methods of analysis that inform the humanities as well as community-based research
• produce work that is publicly accessible
HOW MUCH WE GIVE
• Grant awards range up to $10,000
• Matching cash or in-kind donations are required
For more information, including current guidelines, application materials and instructions, and descriptions of funded projects, click HERE.