A Gateway to Public Service and Leadership
Apply by February 11, 2019 to the Capital Fellows Programs – csus.edu/calst/programs
- Assembly Fellowship Program
- Executive Fellowship Program
- Judicial Fellowship Program
- California Senate Fellows
The Capital Fellows Programs are nationally recognized public policy fellowships offering unique experiences in policy-making and development in each branch of California state government. Fellows work for 10-11 months as full-time, paid staff members in the State Assembly, State Senate, Executive Branch or the Judiciary. The fellowships are administered by the Center for California Studies at California State University, Sacramento, and are an outstanding opportunity for college graduates to engage in public service and prepare for future careers.
- Fellows receive a monthly stipend of $2,698;
- Medical, dental and vision benefits;
- Student loan deferments;
- 6 graduate units in Political Science or Public Policy and Administration from Sacramento State; and
- A graduate certificate in Applied Policy and Government upon completion of the fellowship.
Prospective Capital Fellows must have a bachelor’s degree (in any major) by September 1, 2019 and a demonstrated interest in public service, public policy, and California state government. Applicants may apply to one or more of the programs that meet their interests and qualifications. Recent graduates, graduate, postgraduate and mid-career applicants are welcome to apply.
For the 2019-20 fellowship year, individuals must complete the online application by the deadline of February 11, 2019 at csus.edu/calst/programs.
If you have questions regarding the Capital Fellows Programs, please contact Sacramento State’s Center for California Studies at (916) 278-6906, firstname.lastname@example.org.