Check out our brand new magazine, A State of Open Mind. The inaugural spring 2013 issue is here!
- Interviews with our California Reads participating authors and scholars: Daniel Alarcon, Jeanne Wakatsuki Houston, Rebecca Solnit, Richard Beeman, and Sally Parry
- Musings on the state of our democracy
- Reflections from a doctor on how the power of the humanities has impacted her work with colleagues and the veterans who are her patients
- A tribute to former Cal Humanities board member Nancy Takahashi Hatamiya
- Details about some of the community-based story projects, library programs, and documentary media we’re supporting across California
View it online and, if you’re not on our mailing list, sign up below to receive the next issues of the Cal Humanities magazine for free.