Got stories? Time to share!
California Humanities is accepting applications beginning July 1st for the August 4, 2014 deadline for Community Stories, our ongoing competitive grants program.
California Humanities’ Community Stories grants program provides funding to support a wide range of community-initiated public humanities projects, including:
- story-based performances
- community forums
- video and radio documentaries
- interpretive exhibits
Since 2003, we have made over 400 awards for projects that collectively illustrate the diversity and breadth of the California experience.
- California-based nonprofit and fiscally sponsored organizations
- local/state public agencies or institutions
What do we fund?
We support story-based public humanities projects that:
- focus on collecting and sharing real stories of California’s communities
- involve at least one humanities expert as an advisor
- use the methods of analysis that inform the humanities as well as community-based research
- produce work that is publicly accessible
How much do we fund?
- Grant awards range up to $10,000
- Matching cash or in-kind donations are required
Need more info?
For complete program information, including current guidelines, application materials and instructions, and descriptions of funded projects, click HERE.
A recorded informational webinar for this round is now available. Click HERE to access it.
Awards for the February 15, 2014 deadline will be announced shortly.