- This event has passed.
SAN DIEGO—Little Saigon Stories: Art, Food & Community Voices
April 27 @ 10:00 am – 8:00 pmFree
SAN DIEGO—Join the final installment of Little Saigon Stories, a collection of stories told through photography and film honoring San Diego’s Vietnamese refugees and descendants living and working in San Diego’s Little Saigon District on El Cajon Boulevard. The full day of events marks the birth of the Little Saigon District and reflects on its present and future.
The FREE community event includes:
- Pop-up art gallery showcasing Little Saigon Stories
- Postcard writing station (an international community art project, in collaboration with the San Diego Museum of Man)
- Guided walking tours of the Little Saigon District
- Self-guided restaurant tour of Little Saigon
- Food Crawl: Enjoy some great eats at various restaurants in the district.
- Gallery opening reception (4–8 pm) featuring: Photo exhibit, film screening, meet the artists, coffee & tea, Vietnamese bingo, cooking demo, raffles prizes and more.
Little Saigon Stories is a visual story-telling project facilitated by the Media Arts Center San Diego, in collaboration with the AjA Project, Little Saigon Foundation and El Cajon Boulevard Business Improvement Association.
This event is part of a project supported by California Humanities through an Humanities for All Project Grant.