- This event has passed.
SAN DIEGO– Screening and discussion of documentary film Tears of War: The Many Refugee Women in California
March 27 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
SAN DIEGO– Join the Women’s Museum of California for a launching of the documentary film:
“Tears of War: The Many Faces of Refugee Women in California”
We will screen this film, a documentary with Immigration Attorney Lilia Velasquez and Syrian refugee Huda Alsidnawi. Lilia explains the legal side of becoming a refugee while 19-year-old Huda describes her life before leaving Syria and after living in the United States for one year.
The documentarian has been invited to explain the elements of creating good documentary.
We will critique the film according to the following criteria:
- What was the outline or script used by the documentarian?
- Did the script tell a compelling story?
- How effective were the clips of additional footage, e.g., war’s devastation?
- Was Huda’s message understandable—after less than one year of ESL classes?
- How would you improve the film?
Wednesday, March 27, 6:00 P.M.
Women’s Museum of California, 2730 Historic Decatur Road, Liberty Station
Free! Light refreshments!
Questions: Anne at 858.245.1677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This film project was made possible with support from California Humanities, a non-profit partner of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Visit www.calhum.org